Monday 27 October 2008

Inspiration

One person in particular who I have always been inspired by in Jason Beam, he is a graphic designer who in my oppinion has created some of the most outstanding pieces of work. I have researched into Jason Beam and read interviews that he has done. The style that he tends to create is very dark and grungy, using lots of textures and images placed upon each other and edited. The most inspiring thing about jason that stands out to me though is the fact that all of his pieces have a meaning to them, a story behind them. for example, one of my favorites 'Bloody Mary'

This piece is based on the bloody mary story, of a girl who kills herself after downing a bottle of vodka after the man she is having an affair with tells her he wont leave his wife, she breaks a mirror as she does't like her reflection and then cuts herself with the glass and then bleeds to death.

A bit morbid i know, but its the style of wok i am interested in. how he designs each piece to perfection. I like the idea of laying layers upon layers, to create a deeper meaning to the design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment