Monday 27 October 2008

SPP2 Personal Experience

Mansfield Civic Centre Mural
When studying for my National Diploma in Multimedia i took part in a live client project alongside 4 other fellow students through the summer break between the two years. The project was to produce a mural of a large scale that would be displayed in the reception area of the building. The mural was to represent all that the Mansfield Distric Council do to make Mansfield a better and nicer place to live.

Taking part in this project taught me that there is a lot of things you have to take into consideration when designing on such a large scale, such as printing isues like the bleed, measurements have to be exact, as it was on such a big scale we had to split our design into sections and print them off seperatly, they then had to be lined up exactly on the wall. It also taught me how important is is to meet dealines. It gave me an understanding of the sort of official meetings that take place, like giving the client a range of ideas, they then select ones they like until they finally decide on one design, we then all worked on this design. We would also be given feedback that we would go an include within the designing. It taught me how important it is to work in a team and take everybodies suggestions and ideas into consideration.

So taking part in the project taught me some very important skills that have and will continue to benifit me in my future.

1 Comment:

  1. Jools said...
    sounds good








    jools
    http://joolsayodeji.wordpress.com

Post a Comment