Monday 17 November 2008

Websites and monitor resolution
I have been looking into the different website resolution sizes and looking which one would be best for me to use for my textures website. I found this website whilst browsing for the solution and i came across this one: www.hobo-web.co.uk/tips/25.htm. It shows the different statistics of what size monitor resolutions users use when viewing websites. Theystates that there isnt a specific size to do your website in but it also states ' Optimize for 1024x768, which is currently the most widely used screen size'.

I also think that as my main target audiance is for around 21 - 40 year olds designers, they are more han likely going to have quite a good computer to be able to install the designing programs onto, So i think i should be safe to produce my main website page template to this resolution.

Flash Advertising Templates
I have been looking at the different advertising templates available in flash, we have to include three elements from these templates, which includes one pop up. There are different sizes in these templates available (below)
I have decided to produce my pop up, to the 500x500 size for two reasons. One because the other pop up template is not very big and i want plenty of room to be able to play around with the texture imagery and typography and for two i want the pop up to be right in your face, yeah its probably going to be annoying but its better than the user not really noticing that they have a pop up, and obviouly i want them to notice as i am aveviting something that i want the user to be interested in.

My other two elements on the other hand will be smaller. As i dont want everything given to the user to be completely in their face. So have decided on a skyscraper as according to various webstes such as here because they are great for advertsing and are apparatley good 'attention getters'. (image below). The size i will be using is 160x600. There was the choice between this size and 120x600, i have decided to use the wider option because of the same reason for the pop up, i want to have more freedom with room when design it.
My last element will be a banner. With the size 468x60, i have gone for quite a small and dinky size for this element because the other two elements are quite a lot bigger and i want a smaller element that will fit quite snug into the page.
These are the different elements and sizes for them that i intend to include in my website. When designing i might change them if i decide that they dont look coherent together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment