Sunday 10 February 2008

Avatars and Environments

Avatars - After last Thursdays seminar i have learned that there are a lot more issues to take into consideration whilst creating both my avatar and environment. Roma presented a slideshow and within it included a lot of work create by the artist Rene Magritte. I was quite intrigued by a quote from Magritte which was included too, 'Objects have energy, their own story to tell'. This explains a lot as to where an avatar is concerned, the object used for our avatar is to represent ourselfs, this avatar has to express an energy of ourself, something that tells a story about us and whhat sort of person we are.

I also atarted to question what characteristics of myself i have kept for my online avatar, Leoni. One is my interest in magic, i think magic is outstanding and has always been something that interests, this interest was intrigued by the TV show Charmed. This is why i chose to be a mage, because i love the thought of magic and how cool it would be if we could really use magic (like the sort of magic used in Charmed), so what a better way than to be a mage, i can use magic with my online avatar. Also, although my hair isn't naturally dark brown, its like brown i have always like the fact of being a brunette simply because i think it suits me, i have given my avatar brown hair as this is one of my characteristics. Clothing which i put on my avatar are completly different to my usual style because the style i have used for my avatar suits my avatars position in her virtual world.

My 3D Avatars environment - What to take into concideration?
Questions to ask myself during the production of my project.

Environment - What environment would both reflect the object in question and myself?
Space - Why have i placed my avatar in this environment?
Scale - What scale will my object be set to inside my environment? What does this represent?, For example, the size of the object could represent how much interst i have in the object in question.

3D Studio Max - Whats the best approach to take when producing my objects in 3D Studio Max, Break the object down to it simple for and create using the tools available such as the sphere, box and the spline. Think about what shapes are used to make build this object up.
Mixing 2D and 3D, for example place a 2D background around the 3D objects.
Things to remember: Modeling, texture, lighting, camera? and rendering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment