Friday 1 February 2008

Self Identity

What is an avatar?
An avatar is a way a person can represent him or herself in a computer environment. Using a game, online virtual world an image or an animated image to create a character which holds an individuals characteristics, looks, ways of living, what they wear etc. In some cases such as articles i have read on second life, people tend to actually use online virtual worlds to escape from their real life.

What is Self Identity?
Self-identity is a person’s knowledge and understanding of his or herself, as individual’s attributes such as their attitudes, habits, beliefs and ideas. An individual gradually learns self-identity as they grow, developing through the different this that they experience. Also as I believe, I don’t think that you actually know a person unless you have a close bond with them, also depending on the amount of time spent with them, for example i think that if i asked a number of people to create a moodboard in which they would include things on that would represent myself, including friends, family and my boyfriend, the people that would succeed most in getting the moodboard most accurate to me would be my brother and sisters, my mum and my boyfriend because these are the people that know me and what sort of person i am, my like and dislikes for example, what I like to wear, how I have my hair even what food I like and don’t like. These different attributes all contribute to who a person is. Although individuals will perceive themselves in a different way to how others would perceive them because when it comes down to it an individual is the only person that knows themselves inside and out. Describing your self identity is a way of interpreting and portraying your inner world where no one can see what is going on, the world where only you really know who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment